Cardiopulmonary Care Services at Mount Desert Island Hospital provides quality cardiopulmonary services for the inpatient and outpatient populations. Some of the clinical services that we provide include:
- Nebulizer and Aerosol Therapy
- Spirometry and Pulmonary function testing
- Arterial blood gas sampling and testing
- Hyperinflation techniques with incentive spirometry and deep breathing
- Chest physiotherapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Cardiac testing with EKG, Holter monitor, and event monitoring
- Cardiac stress testing
- Adult continuous ventilation
- BIPAP (bi-level positive airway pressure)
- CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure)
The Cardiopulmonary Care Therapists at MDI Hospital test and treat patients with state-of-the-art instrumentation, and evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. With critical thinking and rapid patient assessment, we prevent heart and lung impairment in our community.
Our Therapists are health care professionals who provide knowledge and understanding of heart and lung disease processes. Through conscientious intervention and education, we work to promote cardiopulmonary health in our community.
We strive to provide testing and therapeutic intervention based on education and sound ethical principles.
Our Therapists are always respectful of the personal rights and privacy of our patients, and we provide care without discrimination, promoting efficient health care delivery to our community.
10 Wayman LanePhone:
Bar Harbor, ME 04069