The MDI Hospital Women’s Health Center Advisory Committee is hosting a sexual health workshop for clinicians and health care professionals, facilitated by noted human sexuality educator Al Vernacchio, M.S. Ed. The program is Friday, Mar. 22 from 10 am to 1 pm at Birch Bay Village in Bar Harbor.
Vernacchio has been a sexuality educator and consultant for over 20 years and has lectured, published articles, and offered workshops on sexuality. His work was recently featured in “Teaching Good Sex”, a November 20, 2011 cover story in The New York Times Magazine. In addition, Al is a TED Talk speaker and his blog, “For Goodness Sex”, can be found on the Psychology Today website.
The program will offer participants tips and insight to:
- Learn to communicate more directly and effectively with your clients about sexual health & human sexuality.
- Learn what to ask, when to ask, and how to ask it.
- Learn strategies to help reluctant patients/clients.
- Practitioners will have the opportunity to seek solutions to particular questions or situations they find difficult to deal with in their work.
- CEUs provided through The University of Maine.
The cost of the program is $30 per person and includes CEUs, coffee, tea and light refreshments. All 299-8100 to register.