The Care You Need,
Close to Home.
The Cardiopulmonary Department at Mount Desert Island Hospital provides quality cardiopulmonary services for both inpatient and outpatient populations utilizing state-of-the-art instrumentation and evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Through conscientious intervention and education, our therapists at MDI Hospital provide their patients with knowledge and understanding of heart and lung disease processes.
- Nebulizer and Aerosol Therapy
- Spirometry and Pulmonary function testing
- Arterial blood gas sampling and testing
- Hyperinflation techniques with incentive spirometry and deep breathing
- Chest physiotherapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Cardiac testing with EKG, Holter monitor, and event monitoring
- Cardiac stress testing
- Adult continuous ventilation
- BIPAP (bi-level positive airway pressure)
- CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure